Media Coordinator & Customer Service Specialist
Daily duties would include:
-Media & Promotion Coordination: Content Creation for Website & Social Media, Social Media Management, Promotional Planning & Product Design etc.
-Budtending: Retail Sales & Customer Service
-General Retail Duties: Cash Handling, Stocking Product, Organizing Shelves, Product research, Inventory, Misc. Cleaning etc.
– Available to work 4-5 shifts (30-40 hours) per week, mainly evening and weekends.
– Must be local to the immediate Strathmore area.
– A desire/interest to work in the Cannabis industry is important.
– Excellent Customer Service skills needed, experience is required.
– Keen interest in creating promotions & media content.
To be successful at The Garden you need to be:
– Punctual and reliable.
– Skilled at multi-tasking and maintaining positive motivation.
– Confident with fast-paced, high volume customer service.
– Accurate cash handling skills.
– Happy and pleasant to deal with.
– Ability to recommend product based on customers’ needs.
– Non-judgmental and compassionate demeanor.
– A Team player who is willing to engage in, and contribute to our company culture.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Social Media Graphics Software: Canva/Pixlr or similar.
Photoshop/Affinity Designer software experience is a bonus.
Social Media Applications: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok etc.
Website Design/Maintenance: WordPress knowledge/experience is a bonus.
Firm grasp of the spoken & written English language, and an aptitude for technical & creative writing is necessary for this position.
An artistic eye, and basic knowledge of digital camera features & use are required.
Qualified Cannabis Worker Certification
Before anyone can work in a Cannabis Retail space, they must be approved by the AGLC as a Qualified Cannabis Worker (QCW), which involves criminal records check, and completing the AGLC ‘Sellsafe’ training, and written approval from AGLC. *This process takes at least 2 weeks to complete.
Negotiable based on experience.
A competitive wage structure, based on performance & enthusiasm, follows a three-month probationary period.
We offer a fun and flexible workplace; staff discounts & perks are included!
The Garden is a locally owned and operated, independent cannabis retail store located in Strathmore, Alberta. Our mission is to always offer an exceptional customer experience for both the new & experienced consumer, to cultivate the community who supports us, and to break down stigma through education and speaking openly about Cannabis use.
We are seeking grounded, happy, reliable people with a strong sense of their own cannabis practice. Applicants must be positive communicators who approach all interactions with kindness and respect. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality customer service and are motivated by stories of community impact.
Send resume to email@example.com